Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Watercolors Came to Play!





We just completed week four in the Index Card a Day challenge.
You can start any time!


School
ICAD # 22: School

This is the school in the Enchanted Forest.
The teacher is a cat like looking woman.
ABCs are important, but she also teaches about frogs, lady bugs and monkeys.
Every break comes with cake and ice cream.

Neocolor background, the school is from an excess sheet,
 collage, stamping, markers.


Hearts
ICAD # 23 for June 23, 2014: Hearts. 
This card could be for the repeating patterns or magenta or both.
 Background of torn book pages. 
The hearts are a stencil where I used modeling paste. 
Let everything dry and then rubbed with Golden Fluid Acrylic Quinacridone Magenta. 
Let that dry and rub with Golden Fluid Acrylic Iridescent Gold.


Umbrella
ICAD # 24 for June 24, 2014: Umbrella.
 A quick little watercolor for the prompt "umbrella".



My Lady
ICAD # 25 for June 25, 2014.
Torn book pages, stamping, collage, various paper scraps,
fluid acrylics.


Love
ICAD # 26 for June 26, 2014
For the Love of Purple!
I enjoyed the little watercolor I did for Tammy's umbrella prompt so much
that I got out the water colors to see if I remembered how to do color drop flowers.
YeeHaw! What fun!
Watercolor, rubber stamping and a "real" stamp.



Study in Red
ICAD # 27 for June 27, 2014
A Study in Red
Ledger paper on a 4x6 index card.
Watercolor, rubber stamping
The hearts were cut from another index card that had been painted with
various shades of red.


Orange
ICAD # 28 for June 28, 2014
A Study In Orange
4x6 index card, watercolor, rubber stamp, butterfly.

Four Weeks down in the Index Card a Day Challenge
and the watercolors came to play.
Perhaps they will stay!

Wishing YOU well and much joy!













10 comments:

marsha said...

I love your cards..beautiful watercolours. I think my favorite for this week is the orange lady.

Dorothy Borders said...

What fun! And I love the look of your blog.

Cindy McMath said...

Love your style Snap! Nice to see these all in one place as I do sometimes miss cards flying by on FB. I've been posting mine daily on my blog but I think I like the idea of a weekly post - for next year!

My Little Home and Garden said...

Fun! You have so many ideas.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They're all lovely but ICAD #26 is my fave -- such a beautiful shade of purply mauve and of course that rainbow Love stamp! Gorgeous!

Janet said...

Snap, I like all your ICADs but most especially the last three...simply beautiful!!

Lynne said...

Each week I see your cards and think, DARN, I forgot again to purchase some so I could do this . . .
Writing it on my list RIGHT NOW!
Such a fun creative idea . . .
I enjoy looking at your art designs . . .

Vee said...

Beautiful! The watercolors really should stick around!

Anonymous said...

Your icad's are truly special this year. Loving your watercolors. xox

Carole said...

I LOVE this. What a fun project. I'm especially drawn to the purple watercolor.

I've been on a long art hiatus. Maybe doing something like this would get my hands back into it.