Every now and then something is shared with me in an email,
or I see something on Face Book and think it's worth passing on.
This came from Face Book and The Mind Awakened.
19 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think
Even in uncertain times, it’s always important to keep things in perspective.
‘True wealth is the ability to fully experience life. ‘-Henry David Thoreau
- You are alive.
- You are able to see the sunrise and the sunset.
- You are able to hear birds sing and waves crash.
- You can walk outside and feel the breeze through your hair and the sun’s warmth on your skin.
- You have tasted the sweetness of chocolate cake.
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
- You awoke this morning with a roof over your head.
- You had a choice of what clothes to wear.
- You haven’t feared for your life today.
- You have overcome some considerable obstacles, and you have learned and survived.
- You often worry about what you’re going to do with your life – your career, your family, the next step, etc. – which means you have ambition, passion, drive, and the freedom to make your own decisions.
- You live in a country that protects your basic human rights and civil liberties.
- You are reasonably strong and healthy – if you got sick today, you could recover.
- You have a friend or relative who misses you and looks forward to your next visit.
- You have someone with whom to reminisce about ‘the good old days.’
- You have access to clean drinking water.
- You have access to medical care.
- You have access to the Internet.
- You can read.
The truth is, you’re doing better than a lot of people in this world. So remember to be thankful for all the things you do have.
Speaking of the good old days, a dear friend of mine from my university days (back in the middle ages) is coming to visit.
So, I'm going to take a short blog break.
Lots of museums to visit and walking to do.
I'll be sure to take my camera and I'll see you all again soon.
Wishing YOU well and much joy!