Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Party Time!



It's time for Vee's Note Card Party.

I have to admit -- this party is one of my favorite in the Land of Blog.

So many nice bloggers, beautiful photos, wonderful ideas.

A big thank you to Vee for hosting.

I've searched for four photographs on my blog that would make a nice set of note cards.
I think they will warm you up and perhaps bring a smile to your face.
They were all taken at one of my favorite places -- the Japanese Garden in Hermann Park.
Nature is profoundly beautiful in this garden.
We can't forget the critters!

Turtles Sunning
Turtles sunning in the Japanese Garden


"Choose only one Master - Nature."
~Rembrandt




Black-crowned Night Heron
Black Crowned Night Heron


"Nature is the art of God."
~Dante Alighieri



Rabbit
Easter is Coming!



"I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
~Walt Whitman



Black Bellied Whistling Ducks
Black Bellied Whistling Ducks



"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature."
~Anne Frank



A Haven for Vee


Wishing YOU well and much joy!



25 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely images! :) Great for cards.

Janet said...

These would make great note cards! I love the bunny photo.

Vee said...

Very nice...lovely to see all the animals enjoying the cool greens and placid waters of the park. Terrific quotes to complement the note cards, too. Thank you for your sweet words! You'll be able to link a little earlier than usual...a little after four this afternoon.

My Little Home and Garden said...

You are lucky to have such a beautiful place near you. I always enjoy seeing the photos you take there, Snap.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Loving the photos you picked for your new set of note cards! The do make me think of warmer days.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Perfect for note cards!!! Your photos always make my day. I am feeling better and the tests came back all OK, so who knows what's next.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

These are all very captivating!

BECKY said...

Oh, my favorite is the bunny! So cute!

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Snap,
My mom and I are delighted by so gorgeous post, mainly the turtle's portrait.Great quotes and images!
Luna - WE LOVE LUNA

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Every shot is wonderful - the ducks are amazing!

Pamela Gordon said...

Great photo note cards! I love those whistling ducks. They are kind of funny looking. :) Pamela

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love these! The ducks are my favorite!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So nice Snap!

I've never seen those ducks in your last photo!

Deanna

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Delightful note cards Snap, they could be used for any occasion.
Judith

Lynn said...

All of your pics are really beautiful and the colors so crisp! I'm drawn to the second one:@)

Barb said...

Perfect creature portraits Snap!

Karen and Gerard said...

I like your collection here--great quotes to go along with the cards! I especially like Anne Frank's quote!

Jodi-Marie said...

these are really beautiful pictures. thanks for sharing.

Micupoftea said...

Nice photos, great cards. I especially like the heron and turtles. Have a great weekend,
S

Carol said...

Beautiful wildlife images!

Smiles,
Carol

Denise said...

Oh I love these photos, Snap, because I love gardens and I love animals! :) I especially love the first pic of the turtles; I find them to be such interesting animals. I've seen Herons at our coast, but not one like this. The ducks are pretty and colorful, and the bunny is just adorable. All these would make great note cards!

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you have a great day!

Denise at Forest Manor

Donna said...

Gracious, it looks like Marty, my rascally blog greeter rabbit, decided to come over and visit with you! I hope you fed him before you sent him packing, LOL.

These are all lovely scenes for note cards.

Lady Linda said...

Just wonderful pix! I love your quote from Anne Frank too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Linda

Susy said...

A wonderful collection of photos (great photography by the way)paired with nature quotes. Good job!

And I agree with you about it being one of the best blog parties. See you next month (**

Mary said...

A beautiful series of photos for nature cards Snap! I love the Anne Frank quote!