Friday, January 25, 2013

This and That

Foggy Morning


I've been waking up to foggy mornings.
Once the fog burns off the bird bath and fountain gets busy.
The robins have really enjoyed the fountain.


Robin


I added a pop of color to Musashi's Garden with a couple of geraniums.


Geraniums


The crochet baby blanket is finished.
This was a kit from Herrschner's called: Lil' Lullabies Baby Blanket.


Crochet Baby Afghan

The crochet group meets Saturday and I think I'm going to use this pattern
to use up some stash yarn ... with a few changes.
I have a thing for lapghans and think this pattern will make a very good one.

*

I had a lovely lunch with some museum friends this week 
and while I was there I visited the Portrait of Spain: Masterpieces From The Prado.
The exhibitions closes March 31 and then is off to Brisbane, Australia. 


Infanta Isabella Clara Eugenia

The Infanta Isabella Clara Eugenia by Alonso Sanchez Coello
greets you as you enter the exhibition.

*

Lastly, I have another postcard for you from the kiss box.
Just in time for Valentine's Day!


A Small Bridge Party

Thank you to the lovely Beth for hosting Postcard Friendship Friday.

Wishing all of you well and much joy!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the bird enjoying the bath.

Janet said...

We seldom have fog here so it's enjoyable that you share yours. I would love to see that exhibit at the museum...but it's just a little too far away for me to travel!

Vee said...

How cute...a small bridge party...who knew that those Victorians could be so playful.

What a wonderful photo of the fog. Looks as if Sherlock and Watson will come strolling through it at any minute.

Love that pattern you made for the baby afghan. Very, very nice.

Sherry said...

That robin was posing for you!!! I love the baby blanket and could see the pattern an a lapghan...something to keep you toasty warm.

I'm in awe of that painting...what an opening to an exhibit -- draws you right in!

Ruth Kelly said...

I can only dream of wearing such a beautiful dress that Isabella wore.

VioletSky said...

What a beautiful painting! The exhibit must have been a real treat to see.
Love the play on that postcard :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Infanta's dress looks really comfortable, doesn't it? Just don't sit down!

Pondside said...

I love to study those old Spanish paintings - so much wonderful detail in them.
We have morning fog here too - then it burns off, on a good day.

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable pictures dear Snap, I like the fog image, a touch of mystery in the air! :)
Bravo for the artwork crochet, you are very talented!
happy weekend, and hugs
Léia

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I really, really like the fog photo!

Barb said...

Lovely shots from your garden, Snap. I imagine fog in Houston is beautiful (if you don't have to drive through it).

Donna Heber said...

Your baby afghan and fog photos are gorgeous Snap!

Mary said...

Snap~ Love the robin about to enjoy his morning bath!