Friday, October 28, 2011

The Die Is Cast


I really like the kitties along the bottom of this reproduction postcard.
The witch looks like a Mother Goose in costume with her geese leading the way across the sky!
And, of course, there is a tiny owl. 



Halloween



"When doubt and fear creep o'er you
And your  heart is beating fast,
Look in a glass of water
If it's clear, the die is cast."

There was no information on the back of the card about the designer or the date.

Many thanks to the lovely Beth for being our hostess for

Wishing YOU well and a fun filled weekend.



9 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

Snap,

What a neat postcard. I need to look for some holiday themed cards when I am poking around antique shops. Have a great weekend!

Carol

Pondside said...

These postcards that you post are little works of art. This one is quite pretty for a Hallowe'en card. I'd be framing it and hanging it in the front hall every Hallowe'en.

Janet said...

Cute postcard. I like the kitties, too.

Julie Goucher said...

A lovely card!

Beth Niquette said...

I really like those cats along the bottom too. I've never seen that done before with cat faces. What fun! Thanks for sharing.

Happy PFF!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It took me a while to spot the owl, but there he is! I hope never to have a cloudy glass of water.

Clytie said...

She is really one of the LEAST scary witches I've seen!

Happy PFF!

Irene said...

What a wonderful card. Happy Halloween.

Aimee said...

I like the cats too and what a nice looking witch!!