Friday, July 17, 2009

Mr. Dragon's Art

Mr. Dragon took two workshops at the Glassell School of Art this summer - one in pen and ink (eight 3 hour classes) and the other in color pencils (four 3 hour classes). These are my favorites. There are others, but these were easy for me to scan. He says he will photograph all his artwork from this summer. I'll share when it happens (at least my favorites). I'm happy to report that he really liked both of his instructors for these workshops.





This is Rocket and I plan on framing his portrait.




The color pencil class was the first color class for Mr. Dragon.
All of the work was based on photos one or the other of us had taken.
The apricot rose from Musashi's Garden was his first ever color pencil.


Next he tried the iris.
The original photo was taken at the Japanese Garden in Hermann Park.



The seagull is my favorite and the last one he did in the class.
(Taken in Seattle.)
It has a frame in its future.
Mr. D said the instructor said "see, you've gotten better".
He said it took him a week and a half to figure out what questions to ask!

Happy Friday!

Joy to You!




12 comments:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

These are WONDERFUL! Congrats to Mr. Dragon! I hope he continues :)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Wonderful!!! I love the seagull the best too - but they are all wonderful - I liked the kit too!!! Did he enjoy any medium more that the other?? Cudos to hubby!!!!
Namaste, Sarah

Janice said...

Goodness, how very talented your Mr Dragon is! Love the cat and the seagull, they are all good but animals are obviously his thing!

juliaD said...

Oh I love the seagull, wish I had half his talent!....
Thanks for your lovely comment re my journal from Ro's workshop...it is 50,pages think, so i am going to find it hard to find different things for all the pages...xx

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Excellent...each and every one! I hope he will continue on and how nice to own an original!

Janet said...

Mr D is definitely an artist! I love the cat, and the apricot rose.

Barb said...

If I were Mr Dragon, I would be very pleased with my work!

Louise said...

That rose is fantastic! All are very nice, but the colors in the rose are wonderful.

Rosa said...

Wow, definitely a talent there!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Snap----That Mr. Dragon is a talented man!!!! I'm impressed. I love them all---but if I had to choose one, I'd choose the seagull also. They are all fabulous though. WOW!!!!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Pat - Arkansas said...

Mr. Dragon has done very well! The seagull is my favorite... so far. Look forward to seeing more.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Two artists in the family! Nice to live with someone who is inspired and inspiring, isn't it?